Friday, August 5, 2011

Lately

Lately I've been trying to HTFU (see Rule #5) and it's been catching up with me. I've been getting up at 4:30-5am and running 5-6 miles or riding 25-30 miles before work every other day or so. At the same time it feels great as I have the exercise endorphines going for a day of work, but then at the same time I'm also wearing myself out for the post-work routine of getting home / make dinner / do laundry / clean house / hang out with kids / do dishes / get ready for tomorrow / repeat. It's exhausting. I keep trying to refer back to the HTFU rule, but I suppose some days that's just beyond me. HTFU is great when it applies to pro cyclists that don't have to take care of their house, watch their kids and otherwise keep a household running. I don't think Jens Voigt has to worry about doing laundry in between stage races or keeping groceries in the house so his kids can eat. Regardless of how I'm feeling, at least I feel like I've been eating healthier, limiting portion sizes and trying to cut back on bad stuff. That said, a man still has to have a vice or two. They've started up Thursday night cyclocross rides at a park nearby, so hopefully I can hook up with the locals and knock out some miles on the CX bike aside from getting groceries...and not get my ass handed to me at the same time. HTFU.Link

No comments: